Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Podcasts, Smodcasts!#21

Did podcasting really start off for the hearing impaired, cause that's how I saw podcasting. This is another great feature that has been created but I dont know if I will use it, but I'm glad its there for in case I'm visually impaired in the future, I'm more of a visual person.
I did check out some podcasts directories and added one to my Bloglines feeds. I subscribed to
"Free Audio Book of the Month Podcast
Each month LearnOutLoud.com releases a free classic audio book
" I thought I'd give it a go.

Once again libraries could definitely find this useful to apply. I did come across this library in America http://lib.colostate.edu/podcasts/GeneralInstructional/index.html and they give instructions from introduction to catalogues, how to use them, finding journals. In the podcast they do state that a lot of people dont want to come into the library but they do make it easy for the customer to virtually visit them.

Guess what? I found another feature and its called vodcast. Vodcasts are the same, but contain video as well as audio. I found this on the BBC podcast directory.

No comments: