Friday, October 19, 2007

#15 On Library 2.0 & Web 2.0 ...

I've read a few perspectives on Library 2.0 as recommended. It doesn't matter which part of the world you come from, the library world is all sharing the same thoughts. 'What does the future hold for libraries in the internet world?'
Rick Anderson states that 'in fact, it may no longer make sense to collect in the traditional sense at all" One area I could think of that could be a targeted is the reference collection. Learning how to tag, bookmark one could start here and progress to other areas. Stephens talks about the human element and I feel this is important. People come in to libraries to be part of a community and libraries have that ambience.
I am excited about the whole concept of being part of something evolving as I'm all for, helping someone track down whatever information they want.

No comments: