Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Frenchy No.1

Sometime ago after reading Julie and Julia (book) I was inspired to do what she did, cook french food. I debated between greek or french. The greek part was so I can learn my greek cooking but then I thought nahhh.
So I borrowed a french cookery book 'French by Damien Pignolet' he is one of Australia's finest chefs.
Of course I started with an easy soup. It consists of potatoes, leeks, onion, and chicken stock. At first I was skeptical, my greek mother and sister ain't going to like this. But let me tell you, they both thought out loud 'is that all'. They wanted MORE.
There was some leftover but maybe not for the three of us. French food is rich a little goes a long way but not for the greek with the big eye.
Well, I've made the icecream cake a few times and that is now the preferred over the bought ones.
Bon apetite.

No comments: